Spanish comfort food doesn’t get better than a hearty soup. This soup can be turned into a main dish with the addition of diced chicken thigh – or even prawns – and is great with flat bread to dip.
|SERVES||PREPARATION||COOK TIME||SKILL LEVEL|
|4||20 minutes||30 minutes||EASY|
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp The Olive Tree Olive Oil
- 1 pack Berg Chorizo, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can Remano Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1L Chefs’ Cupboard Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 can New Season Chick Peas
- 1 pinch parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- Combine saffron threads and 2 tbsp boiling water in a small bowl and set aside. Heat ½ tbsp of olive oil over a high heat, and fry chorizos until browned. drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining olive oil over a high heat, adding onion, celery and garlic, and cook until onion softens. Add saffron water, tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 mins, then stir in chickpeas. remove 2 cups of the soup mixture, and blend using a stick blender.
- Return pureed portion and browned chorizos to the main batch of soup and stir to combine. Season with pepper to taste. Serve with chopped parsley.