Add a touch of gourmet with a very simple ingredient. Whip up some golden Saffron Mashed Potatoes for your next meal!
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SKILL LEVEL|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||EASY|
- 3 lb russet potatoes
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed saffron
- 2 TBS hot water
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into big chunks.
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized pot, cover with water and add 1 tap salt.
- Cover pot and bring water to a boil over high heat. When water comes to a boil, take lid off and reduce heat to medium-low until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine saffron and 2 TBS hot water in a small bowl. Let saffron steep and set aside.
- When potatoes are fork tender, drain in a colander.
- Add milk, butter and 3/4 tsp salt into the hot pot back and warm over low heat.
- Stir until butter has melted, then pour in the reserved saffron water. Mix until combined.
- Return potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until well blended and uniformly golden.
- Serve warm.