This Vegan Paella will bring everybody to the table with its brilliant golden colour, smoky flavour, caramelized crust, and mouth-watering fragrance! its generous, aromatic and loaded with addictive flavours. This paella is a great party option if your guests are following special diets. It’s vegan/vegetarian/dairy free, gluten free, nut free, and soy free.
|SERVES||PREPARATION||COOK TIME||SKILL LEVEL|
|4||20 minutes||20 minutes||EASY|
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 250 g artichokes
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 750 g water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- ½ lemon
- ¼ bunch parsley
- Place a wok or a deep pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Let it get hot.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- When the olive oil gets hot, add the onion and the garlic.
- Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until they caramelize nicely.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the bell peppers.
- Cut them into thin vertical slices and chop the artichokes into 2 cm cubes.
- Add them to the wok and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the canned chopped tomatoes, paprika, saffron, bouillon cube, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring every so often.
- When the liquid has reduced and the rice has softened, remove from heat.
- Thinly slice the lemon, finely chop the parsley and add to the wok.
- Check the flavours and season to taste.